Thursday, June 5, 2014

June Results Deferred

Man, this was a rough month.  You might notice that I'm posting my results on the 5th instead of the 1st.  Well, let me start by saying that it's so difficult to own up and be personally responsible/accountable.  It just is.  I've been mulling over several excuses: my back injury, my PMDD (click link for more info), the stress of my life and work bearing down on me, and the rare interruption of my otherwise peaceful relationship with my fiance.  I keep coming back to the idea that there's always an excuse, but also rebound to the idea that I need to be more self-compassionate.

When I stepped on the scale on the 1st, I was not pleased.  I was in denial.  I was bad at the end of May.  Between not hitting the fitness as hard as I used to and eating without regard for my health, the results were not what I wanted.  I buckled down over the next several days and here I am, water weight banished for now, with results I'm more willing to share.  I just can't bring myself to share my failures.  Not now.  Maybe some day.

Here's the result:
Starting weight May 1st: 222.9 lbs.
End weight June 5th: 219.1 lbs.
Change: -3.8 lbs.

As for photographic evidence, the changes don't seem quite right - perhaps due to change in resolution with my new phone - but there are slight changes, as you can see:








I can't wait until next month's check-in, because it's the six-month mark.  The comparison between January 1st and July 1st will be much more evident.  For now, I'm going to keep at it for 25 more days.

No comments: