Thursday, December 6, 2012

Struggles

So, the blogs will be less frequent because five a week just isn't going to happen, but I feel like I have enough content from the week to talk about at this point.  Sticking with the plan is hard (duh, said anyone who's ever tried).  I had some days where I was constantly thinking about the food I wasn't eating.  I had another day where I ate half a bag of chips.  Why?  Because it was there.  Because I smelled it.  Because I'm a compulsive eater.

I played hooky from work on Tuesday (ate as planned, though) and work ran into Zumba today, so no Zumba at all for the week, but my steps have been good.  At least I went to my Overeaters Anonymous meeting, and I'm glad I did.  It feels really good to talk to people who experience the same feelings and impulses you do in order to convince yourself that no, you're not crazy and yes, there are others going through what you are so you don't have to go it alone.  We talked about the upcoming holidays and I feel less scared about the temptation.  I asked when this would get easier, and one of the leaders, who was also an alcoholic, suggested to think of it like being abstinent from drugs or alcohol -- 28 day rehab, and then the fog will lift.  So if I count my Wednesday chip binge, the fog will lift after January 3rd barring any further binges.  I just have to avoid the salty, crunchy stuff.  It is my crack.

Besides Wednesday, I've been staying in my calorie goal of 1500-1600.  Today I only had 1200.  I just didn't feel hungry, probably because I feel bad about my Wednesday night binge.  I lost 5 pounds last week, and I'm hoping for 3this week.  It's a LARP weekend so maybe with all of the walking around, I stand a chance.  We shall see!

No comments: