Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Success & Disappointment

So I weighed in Monday, and the scale read 236.  The first thing I felt was disappointment, and then I felt silly.  I lost two pounds in a week!  That's good!  I just had my heart set on 235.  I had also lost a couple of inches overall.  Today I weighed in at 234.  Huzzah!  That's 9 pounds since Thanksgiving!  I'm getting into a phase where I'm not eating dinner, mostly because it doesn't feel needed when I get home and then shortly thereafter go to bed.  The result is a 1200-1300 calorie day.  This might change week to week.

A nice side benefit to being dedicated to this plan is that occasionally my boyfriend will drop down and do some shirtless push-ups.  Hell yeah.  Hey, men have been objectifying me since puberty.  It's my turn.  He got up to 20 push-ups in one set.  That's 20 more than I can do, I'm sure.  Maybe I'll work on that at some point.

For now I'm getting my steps in, tracking my food intake, and trying not to go crazy on the weekends.  Last week we earned upwards of $90 in additional fun budget.  This was due to having a perfect week ($50), a bonus for that perfect week ($10), and bonuses for keeping pounds and inches off from one week to the next.  Winning!

Still feeling really motivated, if still a bit prone to want to snack on something salty.  Onward!

No comments: