Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Challenge

I've been going to the gym at least three times per week since we got back from our honeymoon around November. It's been great. It's really helped my stress, depression, anxiety, and general frustrations of everyday living. What's more, it's just become a part of my day. At one point my husband asked me, "How are you feeling about working out so often?" and I responded that I didn't really feel much about it. It was just a habit now, a part of my day. I go to work, I leave at noon, I work out, rinse off, and come back. It's a real no-brainer for the girl who has a hard time getting up in the morning in the winter and can't will herself to leave the house after returning from work.

The only problem with all of this is that it hasn't stopped me from eating like a monster. My weight has crept up into the 250s, which is of course an all-time high for me. My engagement ring is uncomfortably tight. Maybe part of it is the anti-depressant I'm taking (which is working well, by the way), but my eating is definitely out of control. My husband has asked me a few times if I'm motivated to lose weight and the answer has been no. Would I like to be healthier? Yes. Would I like to wear my engagement ring comfortably again? Yes. Am I motivated enough to deny my food cravings? Nope.

So, today during R.I.P.P.E.D. class, my trainer said this month they'll be doing essentially a "Biggest Loser" challenge. You pay in $50, top 3 get the cash. They're already up to $600. Okay. This might be the thing I need to get me motivated. Here's what I'm willing to do:

  1. Commit to eating prepared meals and shakes at least 90% of the week.
  2. Work out 4-7 times per week between classes and personal workout sessions.
  3. Limit my snacking to healthy options.
  4. Limit my indulgences to measured, logged foods.
  5. Log my food.
  6. Wear my FitBit again.
  7. Optional: After daylight savings time, run 3 times per week.
As always, I'm not looking for your advice based on this article you read or this thing you heard. Some support is always welcome. Wish me luck!

No comments: