Monday, February 4, 2013

22 Pounds Later

On November 28th, 2012, I was devastated to weigh in at 243 lbs.  It was an all time high weight and an all time low feeling.  I'd just given up.  Every time I tried to change my ways it never stuck, then my brilliant boyfriend came up with a system and a spreadsheet to track and reward ourselves.  Ten weeks later, 22 pounds are gone forever.

Today, I weighed in at 221 lbs after ten weeks of sticking to the program.  That's an average of 2.2 pounds lost per week.  Our system works for us, and we've been able to stick with it.  Here's what that kind of change looks like:

From Pillsbury ain't got nothing on these rolls to hourglass.
The 11/28/12 photos were a bit more... naked than I care to share with a mixed audience.  Anyway!  Yeah!  Looking good, right?  At this rate, I'll be out of the 200s in 5-6 weeks.  By June I could be in the 180s.  I know there will be plateaus.  Hell, I already hit one:

My FitBit chart of weigh-ins.
But I'm determined to keep at it and adjust things when it stops working.  I'm so glad to making real, lasting change, and a lot of it has to do with the support I've been getting for this new self-work project.  Thank you to all reading this.  In some little way or maybe a major way, you've been helping me.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have 10,000 steps to get in.

1 comment:

Jenica said...

I couldn't keep on track without Justin supporting me. I am so much stronger, and a little leaner, than I was three months ago, and his help is a big part of it. Amazing how much easier life is when you're not doing it alone, isn't it?

Good work. Proud of you. :)