Thursday, February 6, 2014

Strength

So, the weightloss is kind of slow.  It gets me down, honestly, but I'm trying to change my thinking around this.  The weightloss is happening, and is happening at a healthy pace.

In the meantime, I've gained a lot more strength than I can ever remember having.  My quads and hamstrings as well as my chest, shoulders, back, and arms are all strengthening as a result of the kneeling push-ups and the squats.  I walk with more purpose and feel more capable now.  The walking and running provide me with good bloodflow and more strength in the legs, cardiovascular, and core.

The scale doesn't tell the whole story.  How I feel says more than the numbers I see.

... now if I could just believe this when I step on the scale and it refuses to move anywhere quickly.

No comments: