Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Partners

I've posted about My One Man Support System before, but not lately.  Alex and I have been kind of doing our own things for a while, hitting the treadmill alternately and having different goals in mind for ourselves.  That was all well and good, but I have to say that I'm really glad to be back on the same track with him.

We're re-doing the 100 push-ups and 200 squats system, only together.  Also, he's encouraged me to do the full push-ups, which makes me feel amazing and I might not have done it - surely not as well - without his encouragement.  We're doing really well overall.  We slept in this morning instead of working out at 5:30 AM, but we fully intend on spending our "date night" doing our workout.

I can't stress the importance of having a partner in this process.  I was doing fine supporting myself since the new year, but really and truly it makes a difference in how hard I work and how accountable I feel when Alex is by my side, pushing along with me.  No matter what your goals are, I hope you have a partner in it.  It's hard, but not impossible, to go it alone.

Because I know he's reading this I want to say thank you, sweetheart, for being such a great partner!

My handsome partner. :)

No comments: