Friday, August 1, 2014

Month 7 Results & My Riskiest Progress Pics Yet!

Let's get started, shall we?

Starting Weight: 220.7 lbs.
End Weight: 218.7 lbs.
Weight Change: -2 lbs.

That's me eating whole bags of chips.  That's me eating pizza.  That's me having a late-night sushi roll yesterday.  That's me eating a whole bunch of other junky stuff in quantities that I really shouldn't have.  That's also me running every other day for weeks on end no matter how crappy I felt or how bad the weather was.  Not bad, eh?

I have three more training sessions for RunKeeper's Beginner 5k before my "race" run.  No, I didn't actually sign up for a race, but it'll be nice to see what kind of record I can manage if I was doing a race.  Maybe I'll consider enrolling in races in the near future.

Now the risky bit.  About a month ago, I bought a bikini.  Attitudes seem to be floating around during this season that reflect, "To have a bikini body, put a bikini on your body."  Internally, I cringe.  Like, "no one wants to see that," then I think, "Who cares about them?  Not me!"  Still, I'm not entirely happy with what I see underneath my clothes, but it's a work in progress.

My loving fiance has challenged me to step up my progress photos in this way, and I think he's got a good point.  Perhaps this can boost my motivation, but also my self-esteem.  No more hiding behind my all-black workout clothes.  Time to bare all (well, not ALL).  Blah blah blah, here they are (left is July 1st, right is August 1st):





*breathes* I'm okay.  It's okay.  I don't look horrible.  I don't look bad.  I certainly look better than I did at 243 lbs.  It's okay.  I'm okay.

No comments: