Friday, November 30, 2012

You're Pretty, But...

I think I started noticing this when I went to Korea.  You see, from my experience, Korean folks don't really have a "polite" filter as us Americans understand it -- at least when it comes to appearance.  "She's so pretty with her pale skin and big eyes," said my family when I went over for a visit in 2004, "but she needs to lose weight."  Rude, right?  Well, not to them.  It would be cruel to be dishonest about it.  Ever since then, I feel like when people tell me, "You're pretty!" there's also a politely silent "but..."  Maybe I'm being paranoid.  But I don't want to be pretty BUT.  I mean, I'm not so hung up on being pretty, but being pretty BUT is just... painful.  Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Got my steps.  Got my workout. Stayed within my eating plan.  We earned nine dollars a day for five days, meaning we now have $45 in our fun budget.  Maybe I'll elaborate on the exact plan tomorrow, since we take the weekend off.

Food Log:

Breakfast - Three eggs over hard with a 1/2 tablespoon of butter and 1 1/2 cups of milk = 457 Cal

Lunch - Progresso Light Potato Soup with Bacon and Cheese and a banana= 305 Cal

Dinner - Wendy's Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich = 390 Cal

Snacks - Little Ceaser's cheesy bread stick and Dunkin Donuts Mint Hot Chocolate = 350 Cal

Total:  1,502 Cal 174 Carb 57 Fat 78 Protein 3,265 Salt 57 Sugar

Over on sugar because of the mint hot chocolate (worth it! - I got so much paperwork done after that), and over on sodium because apparently Progresso Light soups ain't light on the salt.  Damn.

1 comment:

Jenica said...

Hey, Amanda: You're pretty. No but.

I also like you, which has nothing to do with whether or not i think you're pretty. :)