Monday, July 3, 2017

Day 1 of 21

So, it's been about four months since I started working crazy hours, causing me to abandon my 15k training. I hadn't really replaced it with any other kind of workout. I simply didn't feel like I had the time. Well, now that my husband has started to approach the 100 lbs. lost mark post-bariatric surgery, it's time for me to buckle down and get serious.

I'm doing 21 Day Fix which is one of those Beach Body programs and day 1 kicked my ass. I am, without a doubt, out of shape. How I managed to endure four hours of one-on-one fighting is a mystery to me. Anyway, I did the workout and I ate sensibly today.

For breakfast I had an egg fried in butter topped with cheddar cheese on a whole wheat bagel thin and coffee with creamer. Breakfast tends to be my big meal, calorie-wise. For lunch I had a chicken-and-chickpea burrito I had made - same for dinner. For snacks I had a banana before lunch and then a few slices of aged swiss at night, bringing my total calorie count for the day to a round 1500 according to MyFitnessPal. Of course, I had cravings. Didn't help that there were chocolate chip baked goods in the kitchenette at work, but I didn't find it terribly hard to turn them down as I stayed busy during the day. I even took a walk around the block during lunch (it's a fairly large block). Nice neighborhood, pretty houses. Steps came out to about 5,300 for the day according to FitBit.

Not bad for day 1. I took pictures to see how my progress goes over time. Check in later.

No comments: